Headquarters: London, England, United Kingdom
💸 Earning £110,000 + Equity + Performance Bonus
Would you like to join a fully remote, bootstrapped, and profitable company made up of experienced, talented people? If you are a pragmatic individual contributor who thrives in an innovative environment, we think you will be right at home here.
In our autonomous culture, you will be building exceptional user experiences and making impactful changes quickly. If you are an Android Developer always looking for new and better ways to do things, then we would love to hear from you.
Create, develop, and maintain our apps, lead projects end-to-end, and work closely with our product design and engineering teams to ensure high-quality user experiences.
Kotlin and Jetpack Compose are our main tools, and you will get to work with Compose at scale. There are complex UI challenges that are more than just CRUD apps to solve… and (possibly best of all) we have an “Android First” attitude to mobile design.
Joining a team of three, you will work as an individual contributor and report directly to Jack, our Co-Founder and CEO.
Want to know more?
We are fully remote
Flexible, asynchronous working
We are bootstrapped… and profitable
Without outside investment, we are free to make our own decisions.
£3000 every three years for a new laptop
You buy the laptop and claim back the cost – and it’s yours to keep.
You can use it whenever you like. Four weeks in one go, one day off (almost) every other week, or anything in between.
Annual team meet-ups in 5-star locations
We get together once a year as a team so that we can collaborate, get to know each other, and have fun!
Who we are, what we do, and how it’s going
Back in 2017, we saw an issue with last-mile delivery – it was too complicated and stressful for drivers. Circuit started a mission to change that by choosing to develop an app that put the driver and their customers first.
We were astounded by the response we received. Within our first year, we had almost 1,000 customers, $100k in ARR, and a team consisting of our two co-founders, Jack and Pol. Today, we now help more than 100,000 drivers deliver over 1bn packages worldwide (about 30 a second!), $20m ARR, and a lean team of ~40.
What you will be doing
- Developing and implementing new features that will enhance the user experience
- Owning and leading feature development from ideation through to implementation, handling the release, and monitoring its performance based on user data and feedback
- Working with the product designers, other developers, and QA managers to ensure the quality of the product
- Reviewing and providing feedback on other Android developers’ code
- Responding to customer support team tickets
- Monitoring app health metrics and fixing bugs
- Occasionally contributing to other parts of the infrastructure (e.g., backend) based on the project’s needs.
What you won’t be doing
- Daily stand-ups and fortnightly sprints. Expect ~one meeting per week. We’re not the right fit for you if you rely on regular meetings to keep on track
- Sacrificing quality. We have high standards and won’t rush to meet an arbitrary deadline
- Managing people. You’ll mentor others and manage projects, but this will remain an individual contributor role, at least for now
- Working with junior folks. You need to be okay with doing more low-level and administrative tasks
- Legacy stuff – we don’t have much, and this will feel like a new application.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for someone who has focused their career on Android development and…
- Has experience working in an app-led company and in a small team
- Enjoys the autonomy of managing and implementing projects end-to-end
- Has worked as an individual contributor before
- Is a proficient user of Kotlin and Jetpack Compose
- Has experience with UI and unit testing
- Builds great UX!
- Is a big fan of documenting work with the reader in mind
- Knows when to take their time and when to get things done quickly
- Enjoys working autonomously and instinctively solves problems
- Likes to get things right and done on time, where possible
- Comes up with alternative ideas that accomplish goals with less complexity
- Is based between -5/+2 UTC zones
- Can speak and write in English at a professional level.
It usually takes ~three weeks for the whole interview process, depending on your availability, of course! At every step, you will have the opportunity to ask questions of your own and make sure that we are the right choice for you.
A ~60-minute call with Gabor (Staff Android Engineer) and Nik (Senior Android Engineer). It will be a more technical conversation and another opportunity for you to ask questions of your own.
5️⃣ Meet the CEO
30-minute final video call with our Founder and CEO, Jack, an informal chat, and an opportunity for you to meet.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our interview process, or if there is any way I can make you more comfortable for our first call, please let me know. Sadie
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/circuit-staff-android-engineer→